If you wish to report a theft or incident the usual police number to call is 101 for non-urgent matters, or 999 if a crime or incident is still in progress. Matters of concern or information with regard to potential crimes can also be reported in confidence to Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.

If you need to report a problem or have a local maintenance / service question below are inks to Rushcliffe Borough Council and Nottinghamshire County Council, as they are responsible for providing most of our local services in Colston Bassett.

Amongst other services Rushcliffe can help with local Rubbish & Bin issues, Fly-tipping and with voting registration and opportunities, as well as managing oversight of Local Planning and Leisure.  You can contact them directly via www.rushcliffe.gov.uk  or 0115 981 9911 during their opening hours, or via email to customerservices@rushcliffe.gov.uk at any time 

The County Council deal with Highway issues, potholes, recycling and schools amongst other local services. You can report issues or contact them directly on 0300 500 8080 (M-F 8am-6pm) or via https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/contact-and-complaints/contact-us 

To raise an issue with the Parish Council please contact any of the Parish Councillors or the Parish Clerk (Nige Mayglothling) on 01949 81549 or via info@colstonbassettparishcouncil.co.uk . Emergency local matters can also be communicated to the Clerk’s mobile 07484 282 584, but please be aware that the mobile signal in the village isn’t great, so please be prepared to leave a message as well!